Monday, April 5, 2010

I'm Alive! (no really!)

Finally getting settled, started actually writing a bit of code again (Final Fantasy XIII delayed this process by a couple weeks).  It's hard to keep myself focused though - I've been toying with trying a new source depository ala github (or unfuddle), and then tried setting up TFS at home since it integrates (supposedly) nicely with Visual Studio 2010.  Meanwhile not a whole lot of code is actually being written, but I did manage to improve the SDL port a bit.

Instead of trying to alpha blend in various colors to achieve the sprite re-coloring I wanted, I ended up switching to a much simpler palette swapping approach.  At some point I need to refactor how the UI handles sizing/positioning to account for the SDL pixel based resolutions rather than the console's column/row resolution.  Ideally I'll put SDL aside again for a while and focus on more game features using the basic console since it's working well.  Procrastination is a horrible behavior that I'm really good at unfortunately!

At any rate I found this blurb pretty amusing.. http://www.dadhacker.com/blog/?p=1231

No comments:

Post a Comment